Created in 2016 by Brooke Mills, National Concussion Awareness Day was designed to raise awareness of the importance of recognizing a concussion, treating it appropriately and supporting the injured.
Concussions can happen in any activity, whether it’s a child on the playground, a youth involved in a sport, or an adult in the workplace. They can also be the result of a trip and fall, a strike to the head, or even falling objects such as a box in the workplace. That’s why we here at Safety Solutions & Supply will be participating in National Concussion Awareness Day on Friday, September 20, and we hope you will also.
Prevention Is Key
Often these accidents can be prevented if we encourage our teachers, coaches, and employees to follow these procedures and take the necessary precautions.
- Remove tripping hazards. Make sure walkways and workspaces are free of clutter, cords, puddles of water or anything else that could cause a slip, trip or fall.
- Use proper signage to alert employees of wet surfaces.
- Use handrails when taking the stairs.
- Avoid standing on chairs, desks or tables. Use a step stool instead.
- Use caution when working from heights. Never stand on the top two steps of a ladder.
- If a job requires wearing a helmet, make sure it fits properly and is in good condition.
We would love to see our community support and empower those who are suffering from concussions. Join us September 20 and share this event so we can join together as a team and prevent concussions.
If you need any ideas or have any questions regarding National Concussion Awareness Day, feel free to contact us here at Safety Solutions & Supply. We are proud to offer training services, so give us a call today at 866-537-2262 for more information.
Safety Solutions & Supply
314 E. Canal St. (State Road 60)
Mulberry, Florida 33860
Phone: 1-866-537-2262 (toll free)