We here at Safety Solutions and Supply want to help you be prepared and be safe and the only way to do that is to help you stay informed. As hurricane season is upon us, The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have said that you may need to adjust any preparedness actions, based on the latest health and safety guidelines from the CDC and your local officials.
- Gas Leaks- Gas leaks are very dangerous, especially if you do not know where it is coming from. If you smell or hear gas, leave your house immediately and contact local gas authorities from our side. Do not use electrical equipment including your phone around the gas leak.
- Wet appliances- If an appliance gets wet during the storm, avoid plugging it in or using it as it poses a threat of electrical shock and is also a fire hazard. If you have any concerns, have a professional come evaluate your appliances to check for any issues before use.
- Charcoal and candles- If the electricity goes out, use candles and flashlights instead of charcoal as charcoal also produces lethal levels of carbon monoxide. For this reason, you should also refrain from using a charcoal grill in a garage, even with the door open. You should also keep an eye on your candles, and be sure to put them out before leaving a room or going to bed.
- Check your portable generator- You should also check your generator and make sure it’s operational. Be sure to read and follow all the labels, instructions, and warnings on the generator to protect your family from any CO poisoning. It is said that about 70 people die each year from a portable generator’s CO poisoning. Be sure to take extra precautions and keep your family safe.
- Watch for carbon monoxide poisoning- Make sure your carbon monoxide(CO) and smoke alarms are working properly. You can do this by pressing the test button. If they are not working, try replacing the batteries. Be sure you have a battery-operated CO alarm outside of each sleeping area and on each floor of your home.
- Evacuations- If you are required to evacuate, be prepared with extra face masks, hand sanitizer, and cleaning products as you never know where you’ll need to go and you’ll want to be prepared with the ever present risk of COVID.
If you are looking for PPE and Sanitization items, come on into the store and let us here at Safety Solutions and Supply help you. Our employees are following all safety guidelines to ensure a safe environment for your visit. If you have any additional concerns, feel free to visit us online, check out our training services, or give us a call here at 866-537-2262.
Safety Solutions & Supply
314 E. Canal St. (State Road 60)
Mulberry, Florida 33860
Phone: 1-866-537-2262 (toll free)