Hazwoper Site Worker Training
Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) –Site Worker is a 40-hour course that meets the requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120. This HAZWOPER program covers both Incident Command and Hazmat Technician Training.
This program is designed to address the initial training requirements for employees engaged in emergency hazardous material response or performing work on designated hazardous waste clean-up sites.
Incident Commanders assume control of a scene. Hazmat Teams report to an incident commander during an incident. If you intend to develop and equip a fully-capable hazmat team, at least one incident commander is required, and often several, depending on the team size and the nature and scope of the potential releases.
Hazardous materials technicians shall have received at least 24 hours of training equal to the first responder operations level and in addition have competency in the following areas, and the employer shall so certify:
- Know how to implement the employer’s emergency response plan.
- Know the classification, identification, and verification of known and unknown materials using field survey instruments and equipment.
- Be able to function within an assigned role in the Incident Command System.
- Understand hazard and risk assessment techniques.
- Perform advance control, containment, and/or confinement operations within the capabilities of the resources and personal protective equipment available with the unit.
- Know how to perform basic control, containment, and/or confinement operations within the capabilities of the resources and personal protective equipment available with their unit.
- An understanding of the relevant standard operating procedures and termination procedures.
What is required by the OSHA’s HAZWOPER standard?
The Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) applies to five distinct groups of employers and their employees. This includes any employees who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances (including hazardous waste) and who are engaged in clean-up operations as specified by 1910.120(a)(1)(i-v) and 1926.65(a)(1)(i-v).
Safety Solutions and Supply—Make Your Safety a Company Asset
Our qualified professionals specialize in developing and supporting your company personnel through safety training programs, general consulting services, program development, and selecting the appropriate personal protective equipment for your team. Using only leading industry best practices, we are committed to creating a more productive and safe work environment within your organization and pride ourselves on our ability to create a customized safety solution tailored to your needs.
On-Demand Scheduling: Training programs can be booked on an as-needed basis—Call 866-537-2262 to schedule your next class. Three training formats are offered: on-campus training at our facility, on-site training at your company, or online training. Each student will receive a personalized training card with a log of completed classes. In addition, use our Training & Education Activity Manager (TEAM) Database to track employees’ training online.
Upcoming Training Classes
Make sure to join the next class at Solutions in Safety.