Hazwoper Technician 24 Hours
Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) –Site Worker is a 24 hour course that meets the requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120. This HAZWOPER program covers the requirement for Hazmat Technician Training.
Hazardous materials technicians shall have received at least 24 hours of training equal to the first responder operations level and in addition have competency in the following areas and the employer shall so certify:
- Know how to implement the employer’s emergency response plan.
- Know the classification, identification and verification of known and unknown materials by using field survey instruments and equipment.
- Be able to function within an assigned role in the Incident Command System.
- Understand hazard and risk assessment techniques.
- Be able to perform advance control, containment, and/or confinement operations within the capabilities of the resources and personal protective equipment available with the unit.
- Know how to perform basic control, containment and/or confinement operations within the capabilities of the resources and personal protective equipment available with their unit.
- An understanding of the relevant standard operating procedures and termination procedures.
What is required by the OSHA’s HAZWOPER standard?
The Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) applies to five distinct groups of employers and their employees. This includes any employees who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances (including hazardous waste) and who are engaged in clean-up operations as specified by 1910.120(a)(1)(i-v) and 1926.65(a)(1)(i-v).
Safety Solutions Training Programs and Facilities:
Safety Solutions and Supply has built a state of the art training center in Mulberry, Florida, located on Highway 60 accessible to both Tampa and Orlando. Our state of the art facilities and our subject matter experts will ensure that your employees receive the most current training message and that the message is comprehended with regard to real world situations.Safety Solutions and Supply’s NCCER ICTP certified instructors will also perform training on specific locations based on your program needs. All students receive certification cards upon completion of the event and are recorded in our Training & Education Activity Manager (T.E.A.M.) database. The T.E.A.M database allows employees and employers to maintain an electronic registry of all training events and activities.Our goal is to make managing your training activities easy and efficient. Call today to schedule your training.
Upcoming Training Classes
Make sure to join the next class at Solutions in Safety.