Scaffolding Competent Person Inspector Training
Safety Solutions and Supply’s comprehensive Scaffolding for the Competent Person Inspector Course is an 8-hour course that covers all of the training as required by CFR 1926.451. This program provides training on the hazards and procedures of setting up, dismantling, and inspecting scaffolds as defined under 29 CFR 1926 Subpart L. Key components of the program include:
- Overview of the regulations
- Erection and dismantling controls
- Fall protection requirements
- Access methods and requirements
- Structural considerations of design
- Recognition of specialty scaffolds
Safety Solutions and Supply is the premier training provider in developing your staff for the hazards of Scaffolding. The Scaffolding – Competent Person Inspector course is designed to qualify and recertify workers.
OSHA Scaffolding-Competent Inspector Requirements?
Per OSHA 1926.454(a), the employer shall have each employee who performs work while on a scaffold trained by a person qualified in the subject matter to recognize the hazards associated with the type of scaffold being used and to understand the procedures to control or minimize those hazards. The training shall include the following areas, as applicable:
- The nature of any electrical hazards, fall hazards, and falling object hazards in the work area
- The correct procedures for dealing with electrical hazards and for erecting, maintaining, and disassembling the fall protection systems and falling object protection systems being used
- The proper use of the scaffold and the appropriate handling of materials on the scaffold
- The maximum intended load and the load-carrying capacities of the scaffolds used
- Any other pertinent requirements of this subpart
The employer shall have each employee involved in erecting, disassembling, moving, operating, repairing, maintaining, or inspecting a scaffold trained by a competent person to recognize any hazards associated with the work in question. The training shall include the nature of scaffold hazards, The correct procedures for erecting and the disassembling, moving, operating, repairing, inspecting, and maintaining the type of scaffold in question, and the design criteria, maximum intended load-carrying capacity, and intended use of the scaffold.
Safety Solutions and Supply—Make Your Safety a Company Asset
Our qualified professionals specialize in developing and supporting your company personnel through safety training programs, general consulting services, program development, and selecting the appropriate personal protective equipment for your team. Using only leading industry best practices, we are committed to creating a more productive and safe work environment within your organization and pride ourselves on our ability to create a customized safety solution tailored to your needs.
On-Demand Scheduling: Training programs can be booked on an as-needed basis—Call 866-537-2262 to schedule your next class. Three training formats are offered: on-campus training at our facility, on-site training at your company, or online training. Each student will receive a personalized training card with a log of completed classes. In addition, use our Training & Education Activity Manager (TEAM) Database to track employees’ training online.
Upcoming Training Classes
Make sure to join the next class at Solutions in Safety.