SEVERAL MEMBERS of the Safety Solutions & Supply team are preparing for and looking forward to attending the 2018 National Safety Council Southern Safety Conference & Expo. The expo will be held April 11-13 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
For the leadership team and professionals with our company, conferences and conventions like this expo always present great opportunities to:
- Learn about the latest in occupational safety and health (OSH);
- Share the Safety Solutions & Supply story — who we are, what we do, where we are, and the services and products we offer;
- Potentially expand our list of clients;
- Renew professional and personal relationships and develop new ones; and
- Enjoy a work-related change of pace.
The NSC Southern Safety Conference & Expo (formerly known as the Texas Safety Conference & Expo) is an annual event for safety professionals looking to improve safety in their organization. The expo name and location are different this year, but event organizers report that they have “kept the same great educational and networking opportunities.”
The 2018 expo theme is “Leading to Zero: Safe Workplaces Save Lives.” The “Zero” in the theme is always the OSH goal — zero workplace-related accidents, injuries and fatalities.
Expo highlights include the following:
- OSHA Top 10 Violations — An NSC expert will share the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s top 10 most-cited violations and share strategies to avoid citations in the workplace
- Welcome reception — Expo attendees will be able to network with other professionals who share a passion for safety.
- Injury Facts® presentation – Attendees can hear highlights of the new 2016 data for occupational, transportation, and “behind workplace” injuries.
- NSC Learning Lab sessions – Several educational sessions are scheduled on the expo floor.
About the National Safety Council
The nation’s leading safety advocate for more than 100 years, the National Safety Council is a nonprofit member-based organization with the mission to eliminate preventable deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education, and advocacy.
The NSC was founded in 1913 and granted a congressional charter in 1953. Its headquarters are in Itasca, Ill., and its home on the Web is at http://www.nsc.org/pages/home.aspx.
For information about Safety Solutions & Supply, please visit our website at https://solutionsinsafety.com/ or call us toll free at 1-866-537-2262.